First and foremost, you know what gelatin really is? For those who don’t know the answer, gelatin is made of glyceine and proline, two amino acids which most people fail to consume in adequate amounts. This is because they are found in the bones, fibrous tissues, and organs which people today don’t consume anymore. This is really bad as these amino acids are needed for proper skin, nail, and hair growth as well as for weight regulation and optimal immune function. Glycine is a compound which makes 1/3 of the amino acids in gelatin and contains anti-inflammatory properties which accelerate wound healing and improve the quality of your sleep.
The Million-Dollar Question – Why They Give Jello to Sick People in Hospitals
Jello is regarded as clear liquid and it is one of the easiest foods for the body to digest, just like water, tea, juice, and broth. Therefore, many patients situated in hospital are given Jello as their stomach cannot handle anything else. These people need to get calories from foods which are not putting too much pressure on the stomach, so Jello is ideal for them, due to the sugar content and high calorie index. Simply put, Jello is easy to get through the system. Anyone who is recovering from some disease needs something easy to digest, such as liquids and Jello. Another reason why Jello is served is hospitals is because the staff prepares too much of it and often end up with leftovers which need to be used somehow. Gelatin stimulates the secretion of gastric acid and restores a healthy mucosal lining of the stomach, which in turn improves the gut integrity and digestive strength. This is very important as low stomach acid and impaired gut barrier are the two most prevalent digestive issues in the modern world. In addition to this, gelatin promotes healthy bowel movements and good intestinal transit by absorbing water and keeping fluids in the digestive tract.
Benefits of Gelatin
1. Gelatin contains large amounts of protein and it is a great way to add more protein in your daily diet. As a matter of fact, a tablespoon of gelatin provides up to 6 grams of protein.
2. Gelatin attaches to water and allows the food move through the digestive system much easily, which in turn improves digestion.
3. Adding gelatin to your daily diet can help heal the lining of your stomach and digestive tract. It also heals food intolerances and certain allergies.
4. Due to its amino acid content which is crucial in preventing degeneration of cartilage in joints, gelatin promotes bone and joint health.
5. Gelatin stimulates the elimination of toxins from the body as glycine, an amino acid found in gelatin, helps the liver remove toxins from the system.
6. Gelatin contains keratin, a strong protein which is naturally found in the hair, nails, teeth, and skin. Therefore, gelatin promotes hair, nail, and teeth health.
7. Gelatin improves the elasticity of your skin as it is made up of collagen. Regular consumption of gelatin helps you look much healthier and younger than any other collagen facial cream.
8. Gelatin promotes accelerated wound healing as glycine, the aforementioned amino acid, acts as potent anti-inflammatory agent.
9. According to a recent study, the consumption of gelatin helps people sleep better. The people who participated in the study report better cognitive function and less daytime drowsiness as well.
10. Last but not least, gelatin promotes healthy weight loss. According to the experts, it boosts metabolism and stimulates the production of Human Growth Hormone.
Delicious Homemade Jelly – RECIPE
- 1 cup green tea
- Honey or stevia
- 3 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup grape juice or fresh strawberries
- Cook the green tea and add honey or stevia, to your preference
- Then, stir in the unflavored gelatin and let it dissolve
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool off
- Add the orange juice and grape juice
- Transfer the mixture into a container and keep it refrigerated for at least 3 hours.
Be social, share!
2018: The Year To DetoxAre you looking to make a change in 2018? The Red Tea Detox is a brand-new cleansing program that detoxifies the body and sheds pounds quickly and safely. It allows almost anyone to lose 14lbs in just 14 days.
This comprehensive book is broken down into three different sections:
Diet: This portion of The Red Tea Detox outlines the importance of detoxifying the body before weight loss efforts, why toxins can hold your metabolism back, and the overall benefits of a red tea cleansed system for both the body and mind. What’s more, it outlines in detail which energy-rich foods can help your burn fat faster than ever before.
Exercise: The exercise section is designed to complement the diet portion of The Red Tea Detox. It consists of a variety of supercharged exercises that will help melt body fat even faster. Coupled with the metabolism-boosting diet, these quick and effective routines have the potential to almost double the weight loss results.
Willpower, Motivation, and Mindset: This third section delves into some of the most common myths about willpower and how truly understanding the underlying realities of motivation can revolutionize your weight loss – and your life. It’s a vital part of this program and, for many, has helped them lose weight fast and keep it off for good.
These three elements combined create one of the most comprehensive and easy-to-use detoxification programs to date. People all over the world are already using it to lose weight quickly and easily while living a healthier and happier life along the way. Click here for more!