Baking soda scrub is an enemy for all the microbes and dirt that make our skin rough, irritated, dark etc. It’s the perfect ingredient for skin and I personally include in my healthy skin regime and it works well on my skin. Baking soda scrub is one of my favourite scrub except for honey and sugar scrub. It is the cure for all skin imperfections like acne, dark spots or patches, dullness etc as it has the potential power to treat skin as well as hair problems too. You can also add it to your skincare routine as its the cheapest ingredient in your pantry that will satisfy your target issues.
What do beauty experts or dermatologists say about baking soda scrub?
Dr. David E. Bank, the director of the Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic & Laser Surgery. He said, “Baking soda we love in dermatology — it’s anti-inflammatory, it’s antibacterial.”(Source)
According to Dr. Doris Day, a New York Dermatologist, “For the most part, I prefer drug store or department store or cosmeceutical products from your dermatologist because they’re actually tested on the skin and they go through certain quality control measures”. He said, “But in a pinch, there are things you can use at home. You just have to pick carefully and learn a little bit from the past. People have been using substances like olive oil, yogurt, vinegar, honey and aloe for skin care for ages, and now there are scientific studies that explain why they work. Salt and sugar are excellent exfoliants”. He also explained that “Baking soda, as well, can be used as a fine-grained exfoliant, and may have antiseptic and brightening qualities as well”. It’s simple to add salt, sugar or baking soda to any cleanser you already have and make it a scrub. (Source)
Scott-Vincent Borba is a Hollywood beauty expert, and the author of three best-sellers Makeup for Dummies, Skintervention and Cooking Your Way to Gorgeous. He Said, baking soda is a very simple, money saving and effective face wash as you will feel the difference of this all natural exfoliating treatment after just one day.
How baking soda scrub is an effective remedy for all skin flaws.
Baking soda scrub is a mixture of coconut oil, tea tree oil, lemon oil and of course, baking soda. Let’s take a look at the benefits of these ingredients:
- Baking soda has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which kill the microbes causing acne or pimples, razor bumps and reduces the inflammation of acne.
- It draws out the excess oil from the skin by unclogging skin pores and maintains the optimum skin’s pH which prevents from the sudden breakout and gives a healthy glow to the skin.
- It is a good exfoliator as it has tiny granules which deep cleanse the hair follicle and removes the dirt and dead skin cells.
- It is a perfect remedy for removing dark spots, blackheads and acne scars due to its deep pore cleansing properties and give a way to regenerate new skin cells.
- The lauric acid in the coconut oil that acts as the antibacterial agent which treats acne, razor bumps boils etc.
- It exfoliates the dead skin cells when mixed with baking soda and becomes an excellent scrub. Blocked pores are the main reason for ingrown hairs or razor bumps, it calms and soothes razor burns.
- Due to saturated fats, it melts on the skin when it is being applied and it easily seeps into the skin pores, moisturizing deeply.
- It preserves the smoothness of the skin by keeping it wrinkle-free.
- Antibacterial and Antimicrobial properties which fight bacteria-causing acne and avoiding future acne.
- Astringent properties which shrink and constrict excess oil and dirt from the pores.
- It has vitamin C which reduces the appearance of dark spots and other types of sun damage.
- Citric Acid of lemon acts as a chemical exfoliant which removes the dead cells.
Tea Tree Oil
- Antibacterial and antiviral properties which kill bacteria and virus causing pimples, rash, ingrown razor bumps etc. It is also effective on hair and scalp too.
- Anti-microbial and antiseptic properties kill harmful microbes and protect open pores and ingrown hairs from getting infected.
- Fungicide property inhibits and treats fungal growth and reduces the inflammation of red razor bumps.
Procedure of Baking soda scrub
- 2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 3 drops of lemon oil
- Take a bowl and combine all the ingredients and mix well. Store it in an airtight glass container for future use.
- You can keep this scrub for a couple of months but do not let water to go inside the container as it can spoil the mixture.
- There is no need to store it in a refrigerator as this will harden the coconut oil. It’s better to keep the container at normal room temperature.
How to apply
- First, wash your skin with soap or body wash and rinse it well. If possible have a hot water bath or shower. Hot water will open up your pores, making your skin much more susceptible to cleaning.
- Apply a sufficient amount of scrub to wet skin over your entire body, massaging in a circular motion for 5-10 minutes to allow the granules to remove dead skin cells. Finally, rinse it off well. This makes your skin look and feels refreshed and healthy.
- Causes of ingrown hairs can be having naturally coarse or curly hair, wearing clothing that is too tight, tugging at the skin with the razor. shaving or waxing in the wrong direction and not exfoliating regularly after hair removal. Make sure you’re using a clean, sharp razor (a new one if it’s disposable), shave in the direction of the hair growth, and do not pull the skin tight to try to get a closer shave (yep, this can cause ingrown hairs).
- Be sure to do a patch test to make sure your skin does not have an adverse reaction to the oils. The inner forearm is a great place to do a test since the skin is delicate, similar to facial skin.
- Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
- Keep the glass container away from light.
Indeed, Josh Peterson of The Discovery Network’s Planet Green writes: ‘Baking soda makes a top-notch exfoliation. Why? Baking soda is coarse, but not too coarse. It’s the best amount of coarse for removing the top layer of dead skin cells, and if applied correctly, it won’t cause your sensitive facial skin to become red and irritated.’ He recommends mixing a teaspoon of the powder to a facial cleanser and massaging the concoction into the skin. This should be repeated two to three times a week. (Source)
Now go ahead and try this awesome baking soda scrub and do let me know about your experiences in the comment below. I would more than love to hear them.
2018: The Year To DetoxAre you looking to make a change in 2018? The Red Tea Detox is a brand-new cleansing program that detoxifies the body and sheds pounds quickly and safely. It allows almost anyone to lose 14lbs in just 14 days.
This comprehensive book is broken down into three different sections:
Diet: This portion of The Red Tea Detox outlines the importance of detoxifying the body before weight loss efforts, why toxins can hold your metabolism back, and the overall benefits of a red tea cleansed system for both the body and mind. What’s more, it outlines in detail which energy-rich foods can help your burn fat faster than ever before.
Exercise: The exercise section is designed to complement the diet portion of The Red Tea Detox. It consists of a variety of supercharged exercises that will help melt body fat even faster. Coupled with the metabolism-boosting diet, these quick and effective routines have the potential to almost double the weight loss results.
Willpower, Motivation, and Mindset: This third section delves into some of the most common myths about willpower and how truly understanding the underlying realities of motivation can revolutionize your weight loss – and your life. It’s a vital part of this program and, for many, has helped them lose weight fast and keep it off for good.
These three elements combined create one of the most comprehensive and easy-to-use detoxification programs to date. People all over the world are already using it to lose weight quickly and easily while living a healthier and happier life along the way. Click here for more!