Stretch Marks are not only associated with pregnancy as it is commonly done. It can happen at any part of the body especially those areas where skin is stretched due to physical changes. It can happen on the outer thighs, lower abdomen, buttocks, calf, arms etc. If there has been some major gain or loss of weight, it is a common thing for stretch marks to appear. These have no side effects, but appear unattractive.
There are several cosmetic cures for these marks, but these are usually associated with a lot of side effects making them a costly and risky affair. However, it is possible to remove the marks completely at home and without any medical interference. It is time taking, but the efforts are worth it and cause no side effects.
Natural Tips To Clear Stretch Marks:
Here are some best Home Remedies For Stretch Marks which will show positive results if applied sincerely and with a positive attitude. It can be done with simple things we usually find in our kitchen.
1. Aloe Vera Gel:
Aloe Vera is well known for clearing any kinds of marks and patches from the body and is a safe and natural way to cure the stretch marks. It also makes the skin soft and glow-y.
How to Use:
- Take an Aloe Vera stem and cut into small cubes
- Store in an air tight jar and put in the refrigerator
- Take one cube and rub in circular motions from the gel portion on the stretch marks every day
- Leave on for an hour before shower
- Apply daily, and for those marks that have been there for a long time, twice a day.
Alternatively, several brands have launched Aloe Vera gels that can be used in case fresh Aloe Vera is not available. But fresh stem should always be the first choice for treatment. The refrigerated aloe cubes can be used up to one week making it a less tedious task.
2. Vitamin E Capsules:
Our skin texture is highly dependent on the Vitamin E level in our body. Sometimes, a few areas get patchy and dull due to several reasons, in that case application of Vitamin E Oil helps.
How to Use:
- Take one Vitamin E Oil capsule. Pierce and pour the contents on your palm
- Massage the stretch marks with the oil for about 15- 20 minutes
- When applying at night, it is suggested that the oil be left overnight
- However, if there is a shortage of time, leave it on for at least 2-3 hours before thorough shower
There are several varieties of Vitamin E Capsules available in the market, so enquire thoroughly before buying. If there is any itchiness or burning sensation with its use, discontinue immediately.
3. Lemon Juice:
With high contents of Vitamin C, lemon is also used for its bleaching property. Application of lemon on skin reduces oiliness and brings inner glow.
How to Use:
- Cut the lemon into half and take a portion
- Now in gentle circular motions, rub the juice on the stretch marks
- Squeeze gradually and rub when the juice gets absorbed on the skin
- Leave on for 45 minutes then wipe off with a moist towel or take shower
Initially, lemon juice might cause a little itching sensation which is a sign of effective reaction on the skin, however, if it goes beyond tolerance, rub off immediately. After washing, see how the skin appears, check for rashes or redness, in case of any such reaction try on some other method. Doo not apply on chipped or over dry skin.
4. Egg Whites:
Egg whites are an excellent source of proteins and amino acids which help in skin brightening and whitening. It is effective for removal of any kinds of marks from our skin when used regularly.
How to Use:
- Take the white portion of eggs and mix thoroughly
- Dampen the area which needs to be treated by cleaning with water
- Apply a thick layer of the egg white
- Leave it on till the whites dry
- Clean with cold water and moisturize with olive oil or any oil that suits
- Apply everyday for minimum 4 weeks for effective results.
Make sure to use only white portion of the eggs to treat the stretch marks of any kind. If the whites stick to the skin after drying, dab with water before removing. Do not pull from the skin.
Normal white sugar granules make excellent exfoliates. As the marks grow older, they become rough and dry. Removing the dry and dead skin from the marks also lightens the stretch marks.
How to Use:
- In a small bowl take a teaspoonful of sugar
- Add a few drops of lemon juice and almond oil and mix well
- Apply the paste on affected area and leave for 5 minutes
- Gently scrub in circular motion for 5-10 minutes
- Wash with warm water and moisturize with olive oil or almond oil
Regular exfoliation brings inner glow to the skin. While using the mask, make sure not to rub too much causing harm to the skin. Use of lemon might cause minor itchiness when the mask is applied indicating positive effects of the mask.
6. Cocoa Butter Massage:
Cocoa Butter increases the tensile strength of the skin and has healing properties. Massaging cocoa butter on stretch marks regularly will help in decreasing pigmentation and keep the skin moisturised for better healing.
How to Use:
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa butter and 5-6 drops of jojoba oil
- Apply on the stretch marks and leave for five minutes
- Then massage in circular motions till it gets absorbed in the skin
- Clean with a damp towel or leave overnight
Massaging twice a day initially will help in quick healing. In case jojoba oil is not available, plain cocoa butter can be used. Cocoa butter has antioxidants and anti-aging properties which makes it usable for more than one reason.
7. Castor Oil:
Castor Oil heals most of the skin and hair related problems and can be used here as well. Its richness in Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, minerals, proteins and Vitamin E makes it an excellent healing agent for skin issues.
How to Use:
- Apply a thick layer of castor oil on the stretch marks area
- Cover with a soft cloth
- Using heating methods like hot bags or heating pad, apply heat on the area for half an hour
- Remove and massage the area for 5-7 minutes
Doing this daily will help reduce the marks in 45 days and will eventually disappear. Castor oil is also used to remove fine lines and wrinkles to make the skin youthful.
8. Potato Juice:
Potato juice hydrates the skin and helps it heal from inside permanently. To reduce the un-appealing stretch marks, application of potato juice should be done daily to clear out in no time.
How to Use:
- Take a medium sized raw potato and grate with the thinnest blade
- Press between the palms to extract its juice in a bowl
- Add a teaspoon lemon juice (optional) and mix
- Take a cotton ball and apply the juice thoroughly on the marks
- Once the juice gets absorbed, apply another layer of juice and let it dry
- You need to have at least 4-5 such layers to ensure deep penetration of the juices
- Wipe with a damp warm cloth and leave
If there is dryness post cleaning, use any moisturiser or oil to seal the juices. If your skin is extremely dry, use a few drops of any oil in the juice to keep the skin moisturised.
9. Honey and Olive Oil:
While honey lightens and brightens the skin, olive oil deeply moisturises it. The combination is an excellent one to heal any skin problems. It can also heal dark and patchy skin.
How to Use:
- In a small bowl, mix 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil with ½ teaspoon honey.
- Mix thoroughly to have a smooth texture
- Now clean the marks with warm water and pat dry
- Apply the honey mix and leave for 45 minutes
- Clean up with cold water
Using this regularly will remove stretch marks completely and prevent them from re-appearing. If the marks have been there for a long-long time, mix 5-6 drops of lemon juice.
While trying these methods it is important to understand that the marks take time to heal and the duration for complete cure will vary from person to person and the type of mark too. Since these use natural products and have no side effects, you can also try more than one method and stick to it to get rid of the marks at the earliest.
2018: The Year To DetoxAre you looking to make a change in 2018? The Red Tea Detox is a brand-new cleansing program that detoxifies the body and sheds pounds quickly and safely. It allows almost anyone to lose 14lbs in just 14 days.
This comprehensive book is broken down into three different sections:
Diet: This portion of The Red Tea Detox outlines the importance of detoxifying the body before weight loss efforts, why toxins can hold your metabolism back, and the overall benefits of a red tea cleansed system for both the body and mind. What’s more, it outlines in detail which energy-rich foods can help your burn fat faster than ever before.
Exercise: The exercise section is designed to complement the diet portion of The Red Tea Detox. It consists of a variety of supercharged exercises that will help melt body fat even faster. Coupled with the metabolism-boosting diet, these quick and effective routines have the potential to almost double the weight loss results.
Willpower, Motivation, and Mindset: This third section delves into some of the most common myths about willpower and how truly understanding the underlying realities of motivation can revolutionize your weight loss – and your life. It’s a vital part of this program and, for many, has helped them lose weight fast and keep it off for good.
These three elements combined create one of the most comprehensive and easy-to-use detoxification programs to date. People all over the world are already using it to lose weight quickly and easily while living a healthier and happier life along the way. Click here for more!